Sunday, February 12, 2012

February Book #5

Book: Jane by April Lindner
Age-range: 16 and up (the f-word is used several times, but is always character appropriate)

I can't sleep when my feet are cold (literally, not figuratively, though I imagine I wouldn't sleep well with figurative cold feet either). The last few nights my feet have been freezing so I've stayed up way too late reading. It's after midnight right now and I feel lucid, but if this post is less than coherent I blame the time. And my cold feet.

Jane Eyre is a good book when you skip over all that boring stuff at the beginning. Ms. Lindner, in this re-telling, skips all the boring stuff! Although this story follows the original novel (sometimes too closely), it was still an interesting and entertaining read. There were parts I wanted expanded and I definitely wanted more at the end, but I felt like it was a very well-contained book. Apparently her next book will tackle Wuthering Heights, a book I have no great fondness for, although I'll probably pick up her re-telling.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

I remember loving Wuthering Heights. We are reading Jane Eyre for book club this year. I have never read it before.