Saturday, February 11, 2012

February Book #4

Book: Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
Age-range: 15 and up

I started reading this at about midnight last night when I couldn't sleep. I decided I would wait until there was a lull and then I would go to sleep. I finished it a few hours later. Needless to say, it was really good (and I'm really tired today). Everyone who has read it has said they laughed out loud, and I was no exception! There were several times when I had to muffle my laughter because what I was reading was so funny.

This is a companion novel to Ms. Hale's Austenland, which was also a fun read. While I feel like the first one was based on Pride and Prejudice, I think this one was inspired more by Northanger Abbey and Emma. Kudos to Ms. Hale for making this an unpredictable mystery as well as an entertaining story about a woman finding out who she is outside of being a wife and mother. Definitely worth a read.

Happy reading!

No comments: