Friday, February 10, 2012

February Book #2

Book: Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
Age-range: 12 and up
As good as the first time?: Not quite, but close

This has been my favorite re-telling of the 12 Dancing Princesses (until recently, that is). I went to re-read it recently and it was no longer on my shelf! Obviously I had loaned it to someone who had never returned it. You might think this would upset me, but it rarely does. I am always hopeful that whoever has it is enjoying it and will, in time, either return it to me or pass it on to someone else. Anyway, long story short, my friend Jenel loaned me her copy and the companion novel, Cybele's Secret, as well.

I always enjoy Ms. Marillier's books and this one, especially, is well-written. It has made me want to go back and re-visit some of her other books and seek out new ones. I love the mystery, the lyrical writing, and the love story. Although this time I was impatient for some of my favorite parts, it still held up well to a second reading.

Happy reading!

No comments: