Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book Review #17

Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Age-range: 12 and up
Recommended: Yes!

So many people I love have read this book and recommended it to me.  I had been planning on reading it for a long time, but there was always something else on my list ahead of it.  Anyway, I finally did it and I loved it!  The premise is not something I would have been interested in, but this book does well with it.

This is a science fiction book for people who don't care for science fiction (kind of like Nancy Farmer's House of the Scorpion).  It's set in a dystopic future where children from ages 12 to 18 are randomly selected to compete to the death - all televised.  See, it doesn't sound too great, does it?  Well it is!

I don't want to share too much because I don't want to ruin the surprise of the story.  Anyway, go out and read it right now!

2 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Congratulations on finally getting to it. Now keep going. The next book is almost as good. However you might want to wait until all three are out then read the next two.

Cari said...

I'll have to read it. I hope that Hastings has it! I am out of books right now, and sadly - I lost the list you gave me! (feel free to send me a new one!). I read a book called Mr. Darcy's Great Escape, and it was great until the last 1/4 of the book, when it turned horrid and almost ruined Pride and Prejudice for me forever. I'm getting ready to start Julie Andrews autobiography - I'll let you know how it goes.