Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June Book #3

Book: Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Age-range: 16 and up

This book has been on my to-be-read (TBR) list pretty much since it came out. I've been absorbed with other things, however, and it just kept getting pushed further down the list. My friend Jenel has mentioned it several times in our writing critique partnership and I finally decided to read it.

Ah-mazing! That's the only word I can use to describe it. The first night I picked it up I was amazed to realize I had read almost 150 pages in one sitting! It hadn't felt that long for sure. I'm excited that the next 2 books in the series are all ready out and I plan on reading them as soon as possible.

Just a note: There is some rather grown up moments, although nothing graphic. I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending it to anyone under the age of 16.

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Jenel said...

I'm so relieved you liked it! It's always nerve wracking to talk up a book that much, I worried that I had over sold it.

pambelina said...

Not at all! It was awesome! I finished it so much faster than I had expected to. I just got Fire from the library and I'm excited to read it next.

Heidi Noel said...

I hated this book. Interesting that you liked it so much.