Monday, June 4, 2012

June Book #1

Book: Robin: Lady of Legend by R.M. ArceJaeger
Age-range: 13 and up

One day last month I had the genius idea of re-writing Robin Hood (one of my favorite stories). I pulled out my Kindle Fire and started looking up the free versions of Robin Hood available so I could verse myself on the world that had all ready been set up in fiction. That's when I came across this book. At the time it was a finalist in the Amazon Breakout Novel contest and, thus, free. (It's not free anymore.) Imagine my horror/excitement when I realized that my "genius" idea for re-writing Robin Hood had been done! So, of course I read the book.

I really liked it. There are times when she goes overboard with description, but other than that it is a great story. The premise is that Robin is a girl escaping a marriage from the cruel Sheriff of Nottingham. As in other Robin Hood tales she becomes an outlaw and must make her way in the world with that hanging over her head.

There were a lot of great twists and turns in the story and it's one I would definitely recommend.

Happy reading!

No comments: