Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June Book #2

Book: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Age-range: 12 and up

My friend Jenel suggested this book to me and since she's never steered me wrong I went ahead and bought it on my Kindle when it was at a reduced price. Well worth the dollar or two that I spent!

This is a book about water horses and a fictional island called Thisby. The story is told from two points of view Sean Kendrick and Puck/Kate Connolly. It's very slow moving at the beginning (though not boring), building the story piece by piece. It speeds up considerably when the two story-lines come together.

I hate to spoil stories for anyone, so I'll just say that I really liked this one. There is some violence and death, so  it's one I would suggest be vetted before a younger person reads it. The ending, though unexpected, is beautiful!

Happy reading!

No comments: