Friday, June 1, 2012

The Authors I Thanked in May's Month of Reading Gratitude

Now that May is officially over I will share with you all the authors I thanked during my Month of Reading Gratitude. It's quite a list and in absolutely random order. I just thanked them as they came to mind. The authors with the * next to their name are authors who responded to my thank you! (And yes, I do realize they're all women, it wasn't intentional at first. I'll have to do another Month of Reading Gratitude where I thank all male authors.)

1. Baroness Orczy
2. Shannon Hale
3. Sarah Addison Allen
4. Gail Carson Levine
5. Virginia Woolf
6. Terri Windling
7. Donna Jo Napoli*
8. Catherynne M. Valente
9. Terry Tempest Williams*
10. Jane Austen
11. Jane Yolen
12. Franny Billingsley*
13. Patrice Kindl*
14. Brodi Ashton*
15. Kristen Chandler*
16. Shelley Adina*
17. Sarah Ban Breathnach
18. Harper Lee (mailed)
19. Sylvia Plath
20. Jessica Day George
21. Pam Conrad
22. Heather Dixon*
23. Barbara Kingsolver (mailed)
24. Anne Lamott (mailed)
25. Cornelia Funke*
26. Frances Hardinge*
27. Willa Cather
28. Betty Smith
29. Juliet Marillier (mailed)
30. Dorothy Parker
31. Maria Tatar

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Did they say anything more than just "thank you"? You should give more details author woman!

pambelina said...

They were mostly just a little two line acknowledgement of receiving it. Very nice and very polite.