Saturday, May 19, 2012

May Book #4

Book: The Antelope Wife by Louise Erdrich
Age-range: 16 and up

This is one of those books that's going to take a long time to settle in my brain. I don't even know how to describe it. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I liked it or not. It intrigued me, for sure, or I wouldn't have finished it, but did I like it? Hmmm. I'll have to think about that.

The story is about these connected families over generations. It's very broad-sweeping and, at times, magical. There are uncomfortable moments, heartbreaking instances, and events that left me shaking my head. But I enjoyed learning more about the Ojibwa tribe of American Indians/Native Americans (whatever the PC term is right now).

But like I said, this book is going to take some time for me to come to terms with and maybe once I do that I'll know if I liked it or not.

Happy reading!

No comments: