Friday, September 30, 2011

September Book #7

Book: Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale
Age-range: 0 and up

This is a book I've bought for, and recommended to, countless people, but I have to confess something: I'd never actually read it. I know, I know, that's horrible! So when we were at the library the other day I made sure to check this one out. And I loved it! (As I knew I would.)

It's the story of Rapunzel, with a Western twist. She uses her long hair as lassos to whip bad guys into shape. With the help of Jack (of Beanstalk fame), she's able to defeat Mother Gothel and rescue her mother and the kingdom.

This is a graphic novel, which is like a comic book except... okay I don't know the difference. One sounds fancier, that's all I know! This is a great book for boys or girls; reluctant readers, or voracious ones. It's a great story and I highly recommend it. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Graphic novels are basically a contained story. Comic books are ongoing and usually smaller. Sheesh. You are a writer and don't know this? ;)