Monday, September 19, 2011

September Book #4

Book: The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
Age-range: 6 and up

Okay, first of all this book gets an award for best freaking title ever! I have to be totally honest when I say the title and cover art were my sole reasons for buying this book. I was not disappointed in the least. This has been one of the most creative books I've read in a long time. There were so many great lines that I need to read it again just to make sure I saw all of them.

If you have even a passing desire to visit Fairyland then you should definitely read this book. The lead girl, September, is a wonderful protagonist and the narrator, as s/he openly admits, is only there to please. Full of whimsy and quirky characters, but with just enough serious to make you think, this is one of the best books I've read all year.

So why are you still sitting there? Go get it and read it! Happy reading!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I was just searching through my RSS feeds of your posts looking for a particular book recommendation. I realized that your posts are titled by month and book number. Is there a way you could title them using the book title? Or have you tried that already?

pambelina said...

If you look on the sidebar you will see that they are tagged by author.