Friday, September 16, 2011

September Book #3

Book: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Age-range: 13 and up

First of all I would like to point out that NO ONE told me this book was historical fiction set just after World War II. Had I known that fact I wouldn't have put off reading it for so long because I thought the title was stupid (I still do) and I hate books written in letters (this one is an exception).

I really loved this book. It was so very creatively done and so very beautifully written. There have been several times when I've gone through WWII phases and read every book I could on the subject. This is a lovely addition to that and has something that most others don't have: a British protagonist. I would absolutely recommend it.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Argh!!! I am glad you finally read it and enjoy it. You're welcome.

Grandma Bailey said...

If you had read my review of it you would have known it was historical fiction! I am with you about the letter thing. This was one book that was not good on the Kindle though because I kept having to go back and figure out who was who. I finally got a hard copy from the library and then loved the book!