Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June Book Review #2

Book: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Age-range: 12 and up

In the name of full disclosure I should tell you that I know Maria; I've taken classes from Maria; she is a super-nice person. Did that sway my feelings about her book? I don't think so.

When I first read the premise of this book it sounded amazing! Trella is a scrub who works in the pipes. Her world is divided into "uppers" and "lowers" and she is definitely a lower. Through a series of events she finds herself embroiled in a plot that will change everything in their little world. There are a ton of totally unexpected twists and turns and I can't wait to read the sequel that just came out this year.

This was entertaining, easy-to-read, and completely lacking in profanity and sex-scenes. It was a refreshing change from some of the other YA books I've tried to read lately. Try it; you'll like it!

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

You should read her Poison Study series. But, it is definitely adult fiction.