Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July Book Review #2

Book: Owl in Love by Patrice Kindl
Age-range: 13 and up
Recommended: No

This was a book that I enjoyed... once I got into it.  It took me quite a while to really grasp the story, and the character felt so distant through the entire book.  It was Ms. Kindl's first book, so it's understandable that some things would not be as perfect as they were in Goose Chase (see the previous post).

This is a book about a girl named Owl who is half-human, half-owl.  She can change at will between the two species.  The creepy part about this book is that she's in love with her science teacher and the way she talked about him gave me the heebie jeebies.  Luckily, before the book is over, she's over him and in love with someone more suitable.

Like I said, this wasn't a bad book, it's just not one that you'd miss anything if you didn't read it.

No comments: