Thursday, May 20, 2010

May Book Review #7

Book: A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Age-range: 14 and up
Recommended: No

This is one of those books that a friend recommended to me ages ago, but that I just got around to reading.  It was not that great.  I think it's because I don't really care for the Victorian period.  And I'm always irritated when a historically set novel gives the protagonist modern ideals.  It's ridiculous.

About halfway through the book I was going to put it down, but felt like I had invested so much time I might as well finish it.  Now I wish I hadn't wasted my time.  I'm not saying it's a bad book.  It might be somebody's favorite book, and that's great.  I just didn't care for it at all.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Oh, I did put it down half way through (maybe even less) and returned it to the store. It was awful! How she got to publish it as a trilogy I will never know. Yuck!