Sunday, May 9, 2010

May Book Review #5

Book: Outwitting Writer's Block: and Other Problems of the Pen by Jenna Glatzer
Age-range: 13 and up
Recommended: Yes

Last week I checked out 4 books on writing from the library.  I only finished 2.  The other two were not helpful, even one that I had read before and thought was amazing was suddenly very disappointing.  It's funny how we change and outgrow certain things.

I have been cursed with a very bad case of writer's block.  This book was immensely helpful.  It had amazing ideas, prompts, and lots of helpful advice.  I am taking a lot of it to heart and I hope I will be back to writing again soon.  This is definitely a book I want on my writing bookshelf.

If you're a writer, with or without writer's block, this book is AMAZING!

No comments: