Friday, May 7, 2010

May Book Review #3

Book: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Age-range: 14 and up
Recommended: No

You know that one M. Night Shaloogie movie "The Village"?  Well I sort of like that movie, except the whole stupid twist in the plot that was only put in there to be shocking.  I actually wanted there to be monsters in the forest.  So when I saw this book I fully expected it to give me everything that M. Night had not.

I was disappointed.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for happy endings, but sometimes they just aren't feasible with a story.  But no matter whether the ending is happy or sad it should be satisfying.  I was completely dissatisfied with this ending, and the whole second half of the book, to be honest.  Her writing was beautiful, but books about zombies just aren't for me.

No comments: