Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Explanation of April's Theme

The official theme for April is "Revisiting Old Friends" and it gives me permission to re-read books I haven't re-read in a while, or ever.  I will not include books I frequently re-read like The Scarlet Pimpernel or Pride and Prejudice.  The books I read this month will only be ones I've been meaning to get back to, just to see if I still love them as much as I used to, SO, in light of the self-imposed rules I've set up I would love to hear some recommendations.  Is there a book I suggested to you that you loved?  Did I give you a book once that I adored and you hated?  Let me know, I will re-read it and share the results.

So suggest away!

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I can't think of any right now, but will try to come up with some soon. (I didn't want you to think I was neglecting you.)

Grandma Bailey said...

That's funny because I was just rewriting all of my lists of books that you and Heidi have given me and I have collected along the way and put them all in one book. I am re-reading "Black Beauty" simply because I haven't read it in forever and it was there. I have a friend that re-reads Shannon Hale's books every time one of her daughters starts in on them. She just finished the series for the 3rd time. I was thinking when I finished this round of library books that I might do the same.