Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book Review #6

Book: The Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey
Age-range: 8 and up (with mama's permission)
Rating: 9 out of 10

This is another book in the Once Upon a Time series.  All of the books I've read in this series have been good, some better than others of course.  This one was amazing!  I literally read it during my son's nap, even though I was exhausted and wanted to take a nap of my own.  I just couldn't put it down.

This is a story about Shahrazad, the teller of the Arabian Nights.  I've read one other book about her, but I prefer this one.  It was written so well.  There's no sex, very little violence, and it's an amazing love story!  There were times when I got chills reading certain passages.  The writing was just so beautiful!

So the 9 out of 10 is because some of the stories within the story got a little dull.  I just wanted to know what was going to happen to Shahrazad, I didn't care about the story she was telling.  But that only happened once or twice, so don't let that deter you.

Read this book!

No comments: