Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Book Review #5

Book: The View From Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg
Age-range: 8 and up
Rating: 7 out of 10

This is a book my sister Heidi forced onto me.  As I was leaving her house she tackled me and shoved the book into my arms, telling me she'd beat me up if I didn't take it with me.  And if you know Heidi at all you know I am being 100% honest about what happened.

Anyway, the book.  The first 2 chapters are boooring!  Thus the docking of 3 points.  The story really begins in Chapter 3.  This is a story about 4 kids and a teacher.  The kids are competing for some thing and the teacher is coaching them.  The kids are all in 6th grade, 3 boys and 1 girl.  It's the story of how they became the perfect team.  They call themselves The Souls.  Is this confusing?  That's probably because it is.

Just read it.  It makes more sense when you read it.

No comments: