Thursday, August 25, 2011

August Book #3

Book: The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Age-range: 16 and up

It's no secret that I adore Ms. Allen's books. The Sugar Queen is one of my favorite gifts and Garden Spells is everything I had wanted Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman to be, but it wasn't. Her books were my first foray into the genre of magic realism and I will be forever grateful to her for that.

This book came out earlier this year and I have literally been trying every week to check it out from the library. Yesterday I FINALLY lucked out. I actually squealed when I saw it on the shelf. The boys were cooperative enough to let me finish it all in one day. I would have loved to read it all in one sitting, but that was just not realistic.

As always, there is magic laced throughout the story. Superstitions that are real. Women and men who don't realize what they really want or need out of life. And, as always, its set in the south in North Carolina. I love her books and this was no exception.

In case you are wondering, here are her books in order of how much I love them:
The Sugar Queen
Garden Spells
The Peach Keeper
The Girl Who Chased the Moon

Happy reading!

No comments: