Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Book #6

Book: Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior and Character in 5 Days by Kevin Leman
Age-range: Any parent
Recommended: Yes

My beautiful baby boy is a big brat sometimes.  He's 2, which is not a good excuse for acting like a crazy.  I was at my wit's end, was contemplating selling Dutch to the Russians, when my mom sent me a couple of books.  This was one of them.

I can't recommend this highly enough.  While his "fool-proof" advice doesn't always work on my precocious boy, it has vastly improved my parenting and, therefore, my relationship with him.  It also has a handy-dandy section where you can look up the problem you're having and Dr. Leman will address it.

So, if you're having trouble with your kid this is a great book to help you!

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I have to say that I love his books. He is one of my favorite self-help authors. In fact if I need a boost or need to be driven to do something, I see if he has written something on it. If he hasn't, I don't worry about it!