Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August Book #6

Book: Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia Wrede and Caroline Stevermer
Age-range: 12 and up

I don't know where I heard about this book, or when, but I'm so glad that I read it! Most of you who read this blog know that I usually deplore books written in letters or as journal entries. They are so hard to do well. This one, written as a series of letters between to cousins in the early 1800s, was an exception! It was entertaining and well-written. I can't speak to the historical accuracy, but I enjoyed it.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I didn't realize you didn't like books written in letters. I don't either. In fact if there are letters in books - unless they are short - I skip them. Sometimes I regret that later but rarely. I might have to try this just to see. Love you