Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Book Review #5

Book: Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Age-range: 8 and up

This is one of those books I've had on my to-be-read list practically forever. I finally got the opportunity and the time to read it! I've enjoyed other books by Ms. George previously and thought that this one might be good as well. You should know up front that I'm generally not one for dragon stories. They're often trite and one-dimensional. Not so with this one! I loved the way she altered the myth of dragons just slightly and made each of the ones we met have a very distinct personality. Her characters were well-done and there were several surprises along the way. Action-packed with only a hint of romance; perfect for a younger audience.

I think my nieces and nephews would all love this one! Happy reading!

No comments: