Thursday, September 30, 2010

September Book #5

Book: Page After Page: Discover the Confidence and Passion You Need to Start Writing and Keep Writing (No Matter What) by Heather Sellers
Age-range: 16 and up
Recommended: Yes

This is a book I got from the library, but I would definitely buy it (and probably will if I ever see it when I'm shopping).  It's filled to the brim with good advice for writers of any level.  Even if you're a pro it's full of lots of great, refreshing advice and anecdotes.

There are also prompts at the end of every chapter.  I don't know how good they are because I never do prompts in writing books.  I don't like most of them.  I should probably try them sometime, but I didn't do it for this book so I can't speak for that part of it.

Sellers has a great voice and a good ability to relate to the beginning writer.  If you're a writer, or thinking about writing, this is a good book to read.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Pammie! I'll pick this one up.