Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Book #1

Book: My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison
Age-range: 12 and up

I'm going to have the opportunity to meet Ms. Rallison at a Writing for Charity event this week, so I wanted to read at least one of her books before that happened. I'm very glad that I chose this one. It was so cute! I went in not really knowing at all what to expect, but I think that made it even more fun to read. It's a contemporary YA novel with a few magical twists. The writing is funny and quick. All in all, I really liked it. Apparently there's a companion novel called My Fair Godmother, so now I'll have to seek that one out as well. Definitely even more excited to meet Ms. Rallison after reading this book.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I read this book not too long ago and thought it was cute. I didn't know there was another. I envy you meeting the author. Her writing makes me believe she will be fun to listen too.