Friday, December 9, 2011

December Book #2

Book: Secondhand Charm by Julie Berry
Age-range: 13 and up

I don't think this is necessarily a good title for this book. It sounds so simple, so trite. This book is an amazing feat of storytelling and, though the author gives you all the information the protagonist has, you're always surprised at what happens next. There are great characters and (for me at least) you want the world to be a more magical place where things like this really happen. All I can say, without giving anything away, is that I wish I had some of my own charms!

I definitely liked it a lot. I find Ms. Berry's books to be quite good and I wait with anticipation for her next one.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Carlye appropriate? You said 13 and up, so I wanted to see why. Sounds like a very intriguing book!

pambelina said...

I think it's a little too old for Carlye, but only just. You should read it and see what you think, but I thought it's just a teensy bit out of her age-range.