Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Book #5

Book: Faery Tale: One Woman's Search for Enchantment in a Modern World by Signe Pike
Age-range: 13 and up

I'm not going to lie, this was not the book I wanted it to be. Don't get me wrong, it was interesting, and Ms. Pike's writing was like reading letters from a close friend. But what I was looking for was something to help me bring some of the magic, the whimsy, back into my life. I feel like I've lost touch with that side of myself and I'm a worse person for it.

If you're at all interested in the history of fairies or the modern sightings of them (who knew Mexico had fairies!) then this book is for you. If, however, you're like me and are looking for some way to bring some fairy magic into your life, this isn't a how-to guide.

Happy reading!

No comments: